Safety, Health & Environment
DFPCL conforms to the highest standards of Safety and has a strong commitment to Environment Conservation and Employee Health, with the manufacturing units/facilities being certified under OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001.
DFPCL has received various awards and honours in appreciation of the health and safety standards and procedures that are maintained. The company takes pride in its health and safety records and capabilities in handling and movement of hazardous, toxic and inflammable chemicals.
At DFPCL, it is our constant endeavour to provide support programs and services to help our employees live healthier and safer lives – at work and at home. This is good for our people and good for our business.
- Round-the-Clock operational Occupational Health Centre (OHC).
- Pre-employment and periodic medical check-ups and maintenance of health records for all employees.
- Regular health awareness programs and specialised health / medical check-ups organised for employees to enhance their knowledge about living in a healthy, safe and secure environment, in a simplistic way.
DFPCL understands the grave perils of environment deterioration and therefore takes great steps towards environment conservation and protection, by curtailing the generation of pollutants to eliminate and minimise end treatments.
Adhering to the regulatory requirements and standards of the State Pollution Boards and Federation of Indian Industries, DFPCL incorporates appropriate effluent handling and disposal systems, to keep allowable limits of solid, semi-solid and gaseous affluent discharges in check through constant monitoring.
- Emissions in the Fertiliser Plant are duly controlled by scrubbers and Cyclone Separators. Three ambient air-monitoring stations are installed in the factory premises to monitor air quality continuously.
- The Concentrated Nitric Acid Plant (CNA), the first and only plant in India based on the magnesium nitrate route rather than the conventional sulphuric acid route, helps eliminate the generation of pollutants, facilitating the use of effluent condensate containing NA as absorbent for Dilute NA Plants. In the relocated NA plant the deNOx unit has been successfully commissioned, thereby reducing NOx emission to levels lower than statutory regulations.
- The CDM Projects have also been implemented in the Nitric Acid plants.
- In the Ammonia and Methanol Plants, waste gases containing Hydrogen and Carbon Monoxide are burnt in a flare with a separate flare to burn off Ammonia provided for, in the storage section, in case of emergency.
- Non-chromate water cooling treatments for all plants ensure elimination of chromate effluent. Refrigerants have been converted from Freon to Ammonia at the refrigeration systems, owing to the Ozone depletion threat due to Freon usage. The Carbon Dioxide recovery solvent has been changed from Amine Guard to a more environment friendly aMDEA.
- Gaseous Carbon-dioxide waste from the stack in Ammonia plant is now converted into Food Grade Liquid Carbon-dioxide and Dry Ice; thus contributing to environmental protection.
- Every year, tree plantation is taken up as a drive within the DFPCL premised as well as the neighbouring areas.
In addition to these efforts, an appreciable part of Research & Development is directed towards developing environment control measures. Employees are provided training and education to create awareness and commitment towards maintaining the required standards in the company. DFPCL is also working at spreading awareness and helping small industries and customers in solving any environment-related problems.
Effluent Treatment Facilities
Effluent Treatment Facilities and waste management is given due importance at DFCPL.
- Physiochemical and Biological Effluent treatment is operational at the Effluent Treatment Plant (ETP) at our factory.
- All sanitary waste from the factory complex is treated by the Sewage Treatment Plant.
- Using treated water for gardening and sanitary purposes is under implementation.
- Pollution control equipments are constantly monitored by the environment cell of the Company.
Various safety systems, such as carrying out HAZOPS, Risk Assessments, On Site Emergency Plans, Safety Audits and Formulation of Safety Operating Procedures etc, are part of our regular practices.
- BMW Annual Return Financial Year 2021-26.04.2022
- Bio-medical Waste Annual Return 2020 – Dahej Site
- IPA Half Yearly EC compliance – April 2021 to September 2021
- R-Annual BMW Return-2020-DFPCL-Plots K-1 to K8
- R-BMW Return-2019-K1 to K8-04.05.2020
- EC- K 1 – IPA – Half yearly EC compliance Report (October 2020 to March 2021)
- EC – K 1 – GT – Half Yearly EC compliance Report (October 2020 to March 2021)
- EC-JNPT-Phosphoric Acid – Half Yearly EC compliance Report (April 2020 to September 2020)
- EC-JNPT-Ammonia – Half Yearly EC compliance Report April 2020 to September 2020)
- EC- K 1 – IPA – Half yearly EC compliance Report (April 2020 to September 2020)
- EC-K 7 – Bensulf – Half Yearly EC compliance Report (April 2020 to September 2020)
- EC – K 1 – GT – Half Yearly EC compliance Report (April 2020 to September 2020)
- EC – K1 – NPK – Half yearly EC compliance Report (April 2020 to September 2020)
- Ishanya Mall – Environment Clearance
- EC-JNPT-Phosphoric Acid – Half Yearly EC compliance Report (Oct 2019 to March 2020)
- EC-JNPT-Ammonia – Half Yearly EC compliance Report (Oct 2019 to March 2020).
- EC- K 1 – IPA – Half yearly EC compliance Report (Oct 2019 to March 2020)
- EC-K 7 – Bensulf – Half Yearly EC compliance Report (Oct 2019 to March 2020)
- EC – K 1 – GT – Half Yearly EC compliance Report (Oct 2019 to March 2020)
- EC – K1 – NPK – Half yearly EC compliance Report (Oct 2019 to March 2020)
- Form V (JNPT) – Environment Statement for JNPT Plot (April 2019 to March 2020)
- BMW – K-1 to K-8 – Annual Return January 2019 to December 2019) – 04.05.2020
- EC Copy -JNPT-Phosphoric Acid-29.08.1989
- EC Copy-K1-IPA-24.02.2006
- EC Copy -JNPT-Ammonia-27.08.2007
- EC Copy-K7-Bensulf-05.12.2007
- EC Copy-K1-GT-3/4/5-11.05.2011
- EC Copy -k1-NPK-12.10.2015
- JNPT-Phosphoric Acid Half Yearly EC compliance 19
- IPA Half yearly EC compliance report
- JNPT-Ammonia – Half Yearly EC compliance 19
- Bensulf Half Yearly EC compliance 19
- GT Half Yearly EC compliance 19
- NPK Half yearly EC compliance report
- Form 4-DFPCL-HW Annual Return-2018-19-30.06.19
- Form 5 – 2018-19-24.09.19
- BMW Annual Return-2018-23.01.19
- Bio Medical Waste Disposal Monthly Statement K-1 to K-8 : Jan 2018 to Dec 2018
- EC Compliance Report dated 30-11-2018
- EC Compliance Report dated 28-05-2018
- Form V submitted on 27-09-2018
- Bio Medical Waste Annual Return for the calendar year 2017 submitted online on MPCB web portal on 25.04.2018
- Form -4 Plot K1 to K8 Year 2017-18 submitted online on 28.06.2018
- EC Compliance Report of Bensulf EC dated 21.05.2018
- EC Compliance Report- NPK Project – 01.12.17
- EC Compliance Report dated 01.12.17
- Form V for plot K1 to K8 submitted to MPCB Website on 28.09.2017
- Form-4 Plot K1 to K8 Year 2016-17 submitted online on 15.06.2017
- MoEF Env. Clearance – NPK-12.10.2015
- Ambient Air-Fugitive-04.05.17
- Ambient Air-Fugitive-near ETP-04.05.17
- Ambient-Monthly Averages-Jan to May 2017-DFPCL-Taloja
- EC Compliance report_NPK Project-29.05.17
- GADARK-Stack Reports-08.06.17
- Ground Water Analysis -near ETP-Sept-2016
- Ground Water near RO plant-Sept-2016
- Form V for Plot K1 to K-8 submitted to MPCB Website on 27.09.2016
- EC Compliance report dated 22.01.17
- EC Compliance report_NPK Project dated 03.01.17
- EC Compliance report dated 22.07.16
- Ambient Air Stations-Monthly Averages-July to Dec-2015-DFPCL-Taloja
- EC Compliance report dated 01.01.16
- Treated Effluent Report- Jan to Dec-2015
- Noise Level Measurement –July to Dec-2015
- Ground Water Reports-July-Oct-15
- HRSG-5 Stack Report – Aug-Nov-15
- Ambient Air- Inside DFPCL- Reports
- Ambient Air- Outside DFPCL- Reports
- DFPCL-K-8-Compliance Report of Bensulf EC
- DFPCL-K-8-Ambient Air monitoring report – 10.07.15
- DFPCL-K-8-Ambient Air monitoring report – 14.10.15
- DFPCL-K-8 –Bensulf Stack Report-10.07.15
- Ambient Monthly Averages 2015 DFPCL Taloja
- Ambient Air Stations-Monthly Averages-Jan to June-2015-DFPCL-Taloja
- EC Compliance report dated 24.07.15
- ETP Treated Effluent-Monthly Report-Jan to June-2015
- Ambient Noise Reports –Jan to June-2015
- Ground Water Report-Feb-15
- HRSG-5 Stack Report-Mar-Apr-15
- INSIDE DFPCL-Ambient Air Reports-Jan to June-15
- OUTSIDE DFPCL-Ambient Air Reports-Jan to June-15
- Bensulf Stack report July-14
- Bensulf Stack report Oct-14
- Bensulf Ambient air report July-14
- Bensulf Ambient air report Oct-14
- Compliance Report of Bensulf EC – 1 to MoEF 01.01.15
- Ambient Air Stations-Monthly Averages-July to Dec-2014-DFPCL-Taloja
- Ambient Noise Reports
- EC Compliance report dtd 08.01.15 R
- ETP Treated Effluent-Monthly Report-2014
- Ground Water Reports
- HRSG-5 Stack Report
- INSIDE DFPCL-Ambient Air Reports
- OUTSIDE DFPCL-Ambient Air Reports